The Nigerian Music Awards aka Headies disqualifies Habeeb Okikiola popularly known as Portable & withdraws his nomination for the forthcoming awards.
According to Headies, Portable loses Headies awards nomination following controversy and investigation by the Nigeria Police Force, after allegedly claiming to be affiliated with the criminal group “1 million boys”
Portable was nominated to contest in the ‘Rookie of the Year’ and ‘Best Street-Hop Artiste’ categories at the Headies 2022 awards.
- “God is not in heaven” – Harrysong claims
- Singer Peter Okoye tackles Nigerian Graduates
- Burna Boy boast of performing in almost all the countries in the world
- Download movie: Vengeance (2022)
- Davido reveals why he always fly back to Nigeria after a show
Recall that Portable had earlier threatened the lives of other nominee in the same categories if he doesn’t win the award, weeks later the singer had ordered boys to beat up one of his ex-close associates, DJ Chicken. Weeks later, it was also reported that the singer published a video where he said that he was the founder of a cult group ‘one million boys’
See statement shared by Headies below;